To begin the installation process, you need to go to your Doofinder Admin panel to create your store. If this is a first-time installation, a pop-will appear to enter the following information, if not, click on your store name and 'Create Store'.
1.Type the URL of your website.
2.Enter the platform you are using or select JTL from the dropdown menu.
If the plugin is not yet installed, purchase it in the JTL Extension Store for free.
3.Go to your JTL backend to install the plugin under "my purchases".
4.Next, enable it under "Plug-in Manager". Go to disabled, find Doofinder, select the checkbox and click enable.
5.Now that the plugin is installed and active, you need to configure it. To configure the plugin, go to Plugin Manager > Active tab and click on the wheel icon.
6.A new screen will appear in the dashboard tab, click on the Einstellungen to configure the plugin.
7.Next, you need to enter the following information:
- API Key: Your API key can be found in the Doofinder Admin Panel. Click on your profile Icon (in the header) and then on API Tokens.
- Doofinder User ID: You need a user ID so that your search is displayed in the JTL shop. If this is not stored, no API requests can be executed (create a search engine, synchronize articles, ...). You can find these in the Doofinder Admin in your profile under API Tokens
- Suche verwenden: set to JA.
- Native Suche verwenden: set to JA.
- Layer Art: Live Layer (V9).
8.Now you have to connect the search engine, so go to the 'Searchengines' tab, select the corresponding search engine and click on 'verknüpfen' to connect it and get your Hash ID. This ID is used to synchronise your website with its associated business rules and data feed.
9.Your Hash Id will be displayed in the dashboard tab.
Index your data
10.Before indexing your data, you must indicate whether you are going to include product variations or not. To do this, do the following searchengines > bearbeiten.
11.Go to kinder exportieren and choose between the three options:
- nur vaterartikel (father items only)
- beides (both) If you want to index them, select both.
- nur kinder (children only)
12.Once this is done, click on konfiguation speichern to save the configuration. Then, next to it select Artikel hochladen to upload the products.
13.Now, go to the Synch tab. To activate the API indexing, click on the green button as many times as necessary until the circle turns completely green, as in the image below. You may also need to click on the status actualizieren button from time to time to refresh the process until it is finished.
The reindex can also be triggered by calling the reindex URL. A cron job should be set up on the reindex URL to keep the articles up to date.
Finally, go back to your Doofinder Admin, log out and log back in to refresh the information. You will see your store created with its corresponding search engine and layer. You are ready to go!